Saint John's

Anglican Church Cemetery


Good Shepherd operates an active cemetery, located on Merivale Road, just south of Hunt Club Road.

The St John Merivale Cemetery – Anglican, is one of three small cemeteries referred to as the Merivale Cemeteries.  These Cemeteries include: St John Merivale Cemetery, Anglican; the Merivale United Church Cemetery; the Pinecrest Cemetery, Merivale.

The land, three quarters of an acre, for the Anglican cemetery was donated by William & Jane Hopper formally in a deed dated May 10, 1876.  However, the first burial in the Anglican portion of the cemetery was John Bell, in 1847.

Since then, the parish of St John the Divine, or St John’s as it was originally referred to, has been responsible for the administration of the cemetery.  While originally located next to the cemetery, the church moved to Slack Road in the 1960s. From there, it changed its name to Good Shepherd Barrhaven, and moved to the location it currently holds on Fallowfield Road. It continues to administer the affairs of the St John’s cemetery.

Purchasing a Plot

The cemetery is active and well maintained. Plots are available for sale by contacting the Church office at Good Shepherd via telephone at 613-823-8118 or by using the contact form located in the site menu above.

For more information on pricing, how to purchase a plot, or on our cemetery in general, please access our purchasing guide here

For a copy of our operating bylaws, please click here